The Vincentian Mission Certificate program provides an opportunity for Niagara University staff, faculty and administrators to learn, reflect and act on the Catholic and Vincentian identity of Niagara University. This experience will help you to provide better service to our students and to become a role model and ambassador who will perpetuate St. Vincent's legacy and inspire others into action.
Read more below and access the application here.
The candidate must have attended Niagara University's employee orientation program and completed two years of full-time employment at Niagara University.
A graduate of the VMC program will:
- understand Vincentian history and Catholic intellectual tradition;
- appreciate social justice issues and the value of service to the poor;
- relate the VMC experience to their work at NU.
- Education: They will attend monthly lectures, presentations and events over a period of 16 months starting in January 2020, and concluding in April 2021. Topics will include Catholic intellectual tradition, Vincentian history and tradition, and social justice issues.
- Service: They will participate in community service to the poor, including Niagara University-sponsored activities and events. Poverty includes not only economic hardship, but also spiritual and emotional need.
- Reflection: They will reflect on how the encounter with the poor affects ones spiritual life. Reflection sessions will be offered periodically during lunch time. They will write a final reflection paper on what the VMC experience means to them and how it will affect their work at NU.
- Attend monthly lectures, presentation and events, most on Friday afternoons.
- Actively participate in service projects.
- No meetings during July and August.
Candidates will be invited to attend an information session to learn more about the VMC program and to have questions answered. If interested, they must submit an online application by Nov. 9, 2019, All applications will be considered by committee made up of the members of the 2019 cohort of Niagara University’s Vincentian Mission Institute and the Office of Mission Integration. The committee members will recommend candidates for the VMC program to Rev. Aidan R. Rooney, C.M. Participants will be selected for the next semester and notified by Nov. 25, 2019, and Fr. Maher will personally issue the invitation.